So i came across Stratis, put in an hour of research, got a good feeling about it, and purchased some of them on a whim.
I just so happened to have a small amount of BTC lying around, so why not! 😛
To put things in perspective, let’s have a look at Stratis’ current position in the list of >800 cryptocoins by market cap.
As you can see, Stratis is currently #13 in the list of >800 cryptocoins.
That’s not bad, actually.
And what I particularly like about it, is that it only costs $1.26 a pop.
That means you can buy a lot on the cheap!
I wish I would’ve bought Bitcoin at $1, so when you’ve got another chance… you’ve just gotta grab it!
But I stray…
Khil0ne states that he thinks Stratis can become one of the top 3 cryptocoins by market cap in the future.
I asked him on Twitter why he thinks Stratis is going to do Stratis is going to do so well.
In a reply, he showed me a screenshot of a comment of his on Slack, but I was unable to find it.
So here’s the comment:
Here’s the transcription (verbatim, so typos included):
This is the best community and team I have ever worked with. It started with the amazing team that is amazingly transparent and always has the best intrest for the project and the investors at mind. They started with only an amount of around $600.000 and look at what they have achieved already. The reason I didnt sold yet is because I believe this will be a top 3 marketcap project and I always have believed that. Stratis is an platform which will have, anonimity for bitcoin and stratis, smart contracts, sidechains, consulntancy, cloud stratis, stratis academy and much more.
The community here helps along because they care about the project and want to help. This varies from tweeting, helping with coding, helping newcomers, transscripting the Q&A, making avatars, etc.
In my eyes the thing I really liked from the start is the potential C# community that will join Stratis. Stratis will be a platform that will be used by all C# devs and that are a lot. So many use cases will be made on Stratis. Stratis will give new devs a place with the Stratis academy.
Also Stratis will be the place to go for ALL of your Blockchain solutions, not just Smart contracts or just anonimity, not it will have it all.
All of this together makes me believe we will get in the top 3. Stratis has the most dedicated and professional team in crypto I have met. They have great advisors and partners already.
I’ve only been into cryptocoin for a few weeks, so I am still an absolute cryptocoin nubcake!
Matter of fact, I did my first Bitcoin transaction of 0.001 BTC on February 1st.
I do not understand half of this just yet, but I’m taking a small gamble on it because it just feels good.
Besides… getting my feet wet is a good way to force myself to learn more!
Let’s have a look at a short video about Stratis.
Despite being new to Stratis and not knowing a lot about it, there’s already two things I really like about Stratis:
- It was designed for the real world needs of businesses. That means businesses are going to get in on it (duh). So what reason could a regular Joe like me possibly have not to wanna be in there? This means it’s got huge growth potential. My 250 Stratis could become worth $250,000.
- It’s being written in C#. I’m a C# developer myself. I think it’s a really decent language, which offers pretty good performance as well. I believe they are developing it in .NET Core, which (I also believe) means it’s not running on the .NET Framework (overhead) but natively on a CPU (maximum performance). Could be wrong, but I still have much to learn.
Check out my current holdings on PolonieX here:
I don’t have all my holdings on PolonieX, though.
Matter of fact, I’m trying to hold as much of my cryptocoin in my own local wallets, where it’s safe.
I love local wallets, because online exchanges can go down and you’ll lose any holdings you had thereon.
In the screenshot above, you can see I’ve just transferred 20 Ethereum to my own wallet.
The more valuable it becomes, the more daily maximum of $2,000 transactions I have to do!
I have a small amount of Ethereum. It grew by 2x.
I have a small amount of Ripple. It grew by 4x.
And now I’ve got a handful of Stratis, too!
Care to learn more about Stratis?
Check out this video, which pits Stratis against Ethereum.
Both similarities and differences are highlighted.
Some interesting tidbits I picked up from it:
- Stratis is BaaS: Blockchain as a Service.
- C# developers can easily develop applications that work with Stratis.
- Stratis gets support from Microsoft.
- Stratis lets smart contracts run on sidechains and does not bloat the main blockchain with them.
- Stratis is SegWit ready.
- Stratis provides master nodes.
- Stratis offers full trustless anonimity, better than Bitcoin.
- Stratis somehow ties in with Bitcoin and it will help Bitcoin wallets become more anonymous.
Like I said, I don’t understand half of it yet, but it sounds to me like this coin has potential!
Now that I’m invested in it, naturally I’m going to be learning more about it.
And I’ll be writing about it as well.
Are you coming down with the cryptocoin virus as well?